[ExI] Impressive book: Farewell to Alms

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at comcast.net
Mon Feb 4 23:35:26 UTC 2008

This does look like a great book, especially for Extropians.

I've been able to follow some of what you guys have said about this, but
I, and most people, will not have time to follow everything you guys are
all saying about this.  So I hope some of you guys will summarize your
POV at http://canonizer.com in this "Favorite Books" topic here:

http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/21

Just start a new camp for this book on this topic.

Wouldn't it be great to have a quantitative list of the most favorite
books of all Transhumanists, and be able to compare this to quantitative
list of the general population and so on?  And to have concise statement
about what most transhumanists thought about all of them?

And the same is true for the most Extropian movies, which has already
been started in this topic:

http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/20

Don't let what you are saying get lost in the archives!  Get it
summarized, shared, quantitatively measured, and saved for all.  You
don't have to do it all, just get your POV started and let everyone else
do the rest.

Thanks,

Brent Allsop