[ExI] A Small Request [was Re: Impressive book: Farewell toAlms]

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Feb 7 15:36:52 UTC 2008

Ja, but saying it that way makes it sound like a court decision was
something over which Reagan had influence, analogous to saying the Miami
Dolphins did well under Nixon (as opposed to Don Shula.)  The courts decided
that those "let out" were being illegally held in mental institutions
against their will.  I agree most would have been better off staying, and
some did.  But assuming they had committed no actual crime, it is their
choice to make, even if mentally ill.