[ExI] the formerly rich and their larvae...

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 06:20:24 UTC 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 12:46 AM, Amara Graps <amara at amara.com> wrote:

> Do you know that this makes me feel kind of sick? Not you directly, but
> at a culture where these kinds of expectations are part of mainstream
> thinking. It is a philosophical issue on the other side of the Atlantic.
> I think few people in Europe would understand why a 'civilized', western
> society would want to burden a young person, who is just starting their
> independent lives, with a thousands or tens of thousands of euros debt.

### But, you know, a bit of debt works wonders to focus your mind on
doing something useful to the rest of us, and therefore capable of
commanding a price. Otherwise, the young person could decide to
squander other people's money on the pursuit of trivial or useless
credentials, wouldn't you think?

Rafal