[ExI] Cruise Control

*Nym* nymphomation at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 15:41:24 UTC 2008

On 11/02/2008, Amara Graps <amara at amara.com> wrote:
> And what is this new player? Interesting times...
>
> "Anonymous vs. Scientology IRL showdown in LA"
> http://blogging.la/archives/2008/02/project_chanology_anonymous_vs.phtml

I was at the London 'showdowns' yesterday with a few anarchists and
indymedia journalist types, mainly just to take photos.

One journalist said there were 400 anti-scientologists present, though
we thought the true number was more like 200-250. About 2/3rds of them
were wearing V for Vendetta masks.

One of my friends got to the 1st demo at Blackfriars early and was
approached by a large scientologist who asked him if he wanted to
settle things with a fist fight. Luckily a cop turned up with a video
camera and the guy backed off. (I never thought I'd say that about a
cop with a camera..)

I haven't photoshopped my own pictures yet, but there's a brief
account of the day by a member of the band 'Deathboy' here:
http://deathboy.livejournal.com/1082404.html

The cops were okay to most of the crowd but stopped and searched a few
people who they thought were from London Class War, on rather spurious
historical grounds..

Heavy splashings,
Thee Nymphomation

"We're from the private sector and we're here to help you."