[ExI] blog

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 03:43:31 UTC 2008

On Sunday 10 February 2008, hkhenson wrote:
> I have been advised that anyone with a new idea should put up a blog.

Care to explain?

> Wanting to gain attention and criticism for the space elevator/power
> sat as a way to hold back the premature deaths of several billion
> people, I could use a bit of suggestion as to where a blog should be
> put.

I have no particular recommendations, but take a look at these:

http://wordpress.com/
http://blogger.com/

No matter what you do, most importantly get an RSS feed up for your
blog, use the pinging services (such as for Google blogsearch and over
at technorati) and say hello to your old friends already in the
blogosphere with linkbacks, trackers, and other little widgets that
mostly look like 'clutter' to help proliferation on the social
bookmarking websites and so on (try AddMe and a few other extensions to
Wordpress). It helps. Btw, has anybody mapped the extropian
blogosphere?

Personally, I use blosxom for blogging. RSS feed on my site. But it's
not exactly a typical setup. Wouldn't recommend it for "I just need it
to work like everybody else's."

- Bryan