[ExI] the formerly rich and their larvae...

James Clement clementlawyer at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 05:22:23 UTC 2008

Bryan Bishop wrote:

> It is my understanding that the distance learning institutions are
> frowned upon as commercial institutions and not beacons of academic
> success. So that might be a bad group to be associated with? But on the
> other hand, they likely have good standings with political
> representatives in their states, so this seems to be a trade-off.

The question is not whether any individual provider is "frowned upon" by
commercial institutions, but whether the graduates are better off with such
a degree than without.  Most would probably not question that a prep-school
diploma is better than a G.E.D., but if your option is getting a G.E.D. (or
B.S.) or nothing, which do you think is the better choice?  Also, as time
goes by, degrees from schools like U. of Phoenix will become more and more
acceptable, and certainly equal to or greater than
lesser-college/community-college degrees.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8:16 AM