[ExI] The Tax Man (was: A Small Request)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Feb 12 09:49:39 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 07:50:50PM -0800, spike wrote:

> Is ecstasy one of the class of drugs in which it is nearly impossible to

No, while MDMA/MDA is a remarkably safe recreational drug,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2006/apr/04/drugsandalcohol.drugs1

the therapeutic bandwidth is only about one order of magnitude.
You'll get noticeable hyperthermia after a dose of just a small
multiple of the recreational. Also, it's a crystalline solid with
a bitter taste. Hard to weaponize.

> overdose?  If so, I can imagine it used as a non-lethal deterrent on the
> battlefield.

Spike, we've been through this before. There is no simple administration
pathway which could supply an incapacitating agent in a sufficiently narrow
corridor between "no effect" and "lots of cadavers". The tactical folks
want neither.

You're good with math, do the math. No agent can have a therapeutic
bandwidth 1:10^6 and more. There are non programmable inhalable nanowidgets
for administration. Not yet.