[ExI] the formerly rich and their larvae...

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Feb 13 04:56:30 UTC 2008

> Bryan Bishop
> Subject: Re: [ExI] the formerly rich and their larvae...
>
> On Tuesday 12 February 2008, spike wrote:
> > It isn't clear what exactly you are proposing.  A community outlet?
> >  Do explain please.
>
> I am talking about a 'campaign' (though not necessarily
> political at its
> roots) for the promotion of the dismissal of the importance
> of degrees as a quantifier of 'success', knowledge,
> motivation, etc., and instead only as a signal of an ability
> to get a degree.
>
> - Bryan

No campaign necessary Bryan.  This stuff is all free market driven.  When
someone comes along and starts making a ton of money hiring smart
non-degreed engineers and scientists (at an appropriately lower cost that
the degreed variety) and those visionary entrepreneurs brutally throttle
their competition, then your notion will take off on wings of capital.