[ExI] The James Joyce award

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Wed Feb 13 07:22:08 UTC 2008

Because of my resent badmouthing of Mr. James Joyce I was astonished
and a little embarrassed to learn that JK Rowling just won the James Joyce
award from the literary and historical society of Dublin. They said
"She receives the award for her tremendous contribution to the field of
literature, both in terms of the quality of her work and the impact that it
has made over the last decade". What the hell?! I can't imagine two more
dissimilar writers and quite frankly I don't know what the devil to make of
it. Help me out Damien.

 John K Clark