[ExI] building a big mother

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Feb 14 04:41:39 UTC 2008

Have you ever seen a baby who couldn't sleep?  Perhaps he is sick or
teething or something else is bothering him.  When the mama comes in, picks
him up, cuddles him, instantly it is ahhh, life is gooood, and he's off to
dreamland.  He will sleep peacefully, even if he isn't entirely well.

Wouldn't it be cool to have a (presumably enormous) mother pick us up and
hold us when we can't sleep?  It would make us feel like an infant again.
Would we would react as we did then?  Perhaps we could actually build such a
thing: a heated robotic device with actuators and sensors, set up with
feedback systems, humanistic skin, soft enormous boobs in which to settle in
a most non-sexual way, sound system producing a soothing lullaby, heartbeat
and breathing sounds.

I do not propose anything that would completely replace a bed.  It is
unclear, for instance, how one could copulate in such a device.  Could we
build that?

spike

(Isaac is feeling much better today, thanks.)