[ExI] the formerly rich and their larvae...

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 17:04:52 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14/02/2008, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > Are you honestly telling me you would be happy with losing 80% of your
>  > current income while having to work just as mucht? That's strange.
>
>  You're assuming that taxes are completely useless. The fact is, every
>  population that has the choice, has decided that a level of taxation
>  is important. What that level is and and what the money is spent on
>  varies from place to place.

### Oh, sure, not completely - of my taxes only about 85 to 90% is
useless (or worse) - the War, always at least 1 or 2 going on,
Medicaid, the SS, all kinds of subsidies, etc., the only useful items
are NIH, NSF, NIST, a small part of DoD and DoJ budgets, but it's
peanuts in a sea of pork. What the population does with their money is
their problem. Just leave the decisions about mine to me.

Rafal