[ExI] pedestrian bees again

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Feb 17 19:31:17 UTC 2008

Recall last year about this time when I was going on and on about seeing so
many dead or dying bees.  This week in California a lot of stuff is in
bloom.  Ordinarily by mid February my lavenders and trumpet vines are
buzzing with activity.  They are still and quiet today.  I saw exactly one
bee.  She was alive, walking around apparently too distressed to fly.
Whatever was killing the bees last season is perhaps still with us.  Damn.
{8-[

spike

(update: Never mind, I just found her a few feet from where I first saw her.
She is dead.)