[ExI] US postal joy

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 09:35:45 UTC 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 4:10 AM, Damien Broderick wrote:
> No wonder people here go, um, postal.
>
> google "USPS holidays" to find out if they'll be working tomorrow, get
<snip>

Not the fault of the post service this time, I'm afraid.

Blame Google's indexing system if you like.

If you had clicked on the very first link (instead of the second -
which appeared to be what you were looking for) you would have gone
straight to
<http://www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/eventsgallery.htm>

Or if you had Googled for "US postal holidays", you would also have been ok.

It's another example of human - computer communication problems.
Why can't the computer just *know* what we want it to do?

(Because then it would go off and do it all itself and we wouldn't be
needed).   :)

BillK