[ExI] META: Regarding "Die for Gaia, save the planet?"

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Thu Feb 21 16:02:36 UTC 2008

Stephano---instead of just providing a link---in addition
took the time to cut and paste the whole article.

Tom wonders

> On 2/20/08, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Die for Gaia, save the planet?
> > The Soylent wing of the Green movement examined
> > By Tim Worstall → More by this author...
>
> Uhh, you know, a link would have been fine.  :p

But not so convenient, at least for me and I think others.
My browser is already full of some other story I'm reading,
as well as rather too many tabs I use to remind me of one
thing or another, and so it is nice that the information for
this post is self-contained.  A great courtesy;  and I can
tell at a glance---when the text, like here, is included---whether
I want to continue reading.

> What is wrong with the link provided? :-/

Well, nothing really----but it's very thoughtful when people
like Stephano take the effort.  BESIDES:

Besides, it definitely will happen that people will just start
reading, it if it's right there in front of them, but will think
twice if they have to click on a link. So one does increase
his readership this way.

Lee