[ExI] Problem with Pattents

ablainey at aol.com ablainey at aol.com
Fri Feb 22 14:39:04 UTC 2008

Perhaps 'fundamentally wrong' is not appropriate?
my simple logic goes:
The patent system is to give credit(recognition), protection and renumeration to the 'Inventor'
but
1)The inventer must have sufficient funds to pay for the patent
2)The inventer may be working as an employee of a company, so he usually does not get credit and rarely profits except continued employment.
3)For any protection action to be made, the inventor needs further funds for a legal fight.

So as I see it, the inventor has to be in a pretty specific situation in order for the system to work. Mainly based upon finances.

Thanks for the link, I haven't read it yet, but i'm wondering if any delay caused by the patent system is giving 'compound interest'?
Should the singularity have occured decades ago?

Alex