[ExI] Problem with Pattents

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 00:11:04 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 1:48 AM,  <ABlainey at aol.com> wrote:

 How can we be competitive
> against a nation which generally ignores our patent laws when we are
> restricting our own productivity and trying to squeeze every dime out of
> each other?

### How do you win? Wait. Just wait until the Chinese are too rich to
be interested in making the cheap crap and will try to make real money
on more advanced stuff that you can't mooch off other people. They
will have to rely on their own companies to actually innovate, and
presto, strong IP protection will be the top slogan in the rewritten
Little Red Book. You can't outcompete people who innovate unless you
innovate, too, and you can't innovate without paying inventors. It's
as simple as that.

Rafal