[ExI] Problem with Pattents

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 00:53:15 UTC 2008

On Friday 22 February 2008, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:
> on his own, or just cribbed from the PTO site. But in the
> not-too-distant future it will be possible to prove the satisfaction
> of any court that a given mind was never exposed to information about
> a device made public previously.

Interesting idea, but limited. Suppose that I have never seen the
invention of patent xyz, but instead I see parts of the same signal in
other ways, such as different people saying parts of the patent, but in
no specified way that would be necessarily identifiable as the patent
itself, merely as something that would lead me to think the same
thoughts given my known neurochemistry. This makes for a blurry
situation, and even if you had access to all inputs since the beginning
that a particular person has had, when do you stop being schizophrenic
and drawing useless connections between all parts of the datastream?

- Bryan