[ExI] please do me a favor

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 09:45:47 UTC 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 12:08 AM, Bryan Bishop wrote:
>  Wanna swap OPML files? Here's mine:
>  http://heybryan.org/bookmarks/2007-12-20.opml

A big collection.   :)

I had a look through it.
Most of it seems to be too specialized for me.   I'm not a scientist
or academic.  ;)
I have a lot of technical computer science & industry stuff instead,
which probably wouldn't be of interest to you.

I don't join forums much, as they tend to be quite wide-ranging and I
usually find myself scanning over a lot I'm not particularly
interested in.

There are millions of blogs out there and I have to be very selective
about which I read. I'm bound to be missing some good ones, but there
just isn't enough time to read everybody's musings. I check
Technorati, Bloglines, etc. to see which blogs are leading the pack
and might interest me.

Here are some bits of my reader selections that might interest you:

<outline title="science" text="science">
<outline text="EurekAlert! - Space and Planetary Science"
title="EurekAlert! - Space and Planetary Science" type="rss"
xmlUrl="http://www.eurekalert.org/rss/space_planetary.xml"
htmlUrl="http://www.eurekalert.org"/>
<outline text="gizmag Emerging Technology Magazine" title="gizmag
Emerging Technology Magazine" type="rss"
xmlUrl="http://gizmag.com/xml/" htmlUrl="http://www.gizmag.com/"/>
<outline text="Not Even Wrong" title="Not Even Wrong" type="rss"
xmlUrl="http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?feed=rss2"
htmlUrl="http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress"/>
<outline text="SPACE.com" title="SPACE.com" type="rss"
xmlUrl="http://www.space.com/syn/space.xml"
htmlUrl="http://www.space.com/"/>
<outline text="ScienceDaily Headlines" title="ScienceDaily Headlines"
type="rss" xmlUrl="http://www.sciencedaily.com/newsfeed.xml"
htmlUrl="http://www.sciencedaily.com/news/"/>
<outline text="ScienCentral News: Making Sense of Science"
title="ScienCentral News: Making Sense of Science" type="rss"
xmlUrl="http://www.sciencentral.com/feed.rss"
htmlUrl="http://www.sciencentral.com/"/>

<outline title="Future" text="Future">
<outline text="Center for Science Writings Blog" title="Center for
Science Writings Blog" type="rss"
xmlUrl="http://www.stevens.edu/csw/cgi-bin/blogs/csw/?feed=rss2"
htmlUrl="http://www.stevens.edu/csw/cgi-bin/blogs/csw"/>
<outline text="Cognitive Daily" title="Cognitive Daily" type="rss"
xmlUrl="http://scienceblogs.com/cognitivedaily/atom.xml"
htmlUrl="http://scienceblogs.com/cognitivedaily/"/>
<outline text="Cosmic Variance" title="Cosmic Variance" type="rss"
xmlUrl="http://cosmicvariance.com/feed/"
htmlUrl="http://cosmicvariance.com"/>
<outline text="Future Imperative" title="Future Imperative" type="rss"
xmlUrl="http://futureimperative.blogspot.com/atom.xml"
htmlUrl="http://futureimperative.blogspot.com/"/>
<outline text="FutureWire - futurism and emerging technology"
title="FutureWire - futurism and emerging technology" type="rss"
xmlUrl="http://feeds.feedburner.com/Futurewire"
htmlUrl="http://futurewire.blogspot.com/"/>
<outline text="HyperAdvance" title="HyperAdvance" type="rss"
xmlUrl="http://hyperadvance.com/blog/?feed=rss2"
htmlUrl="http://hyperadvance.com/blog"/>
<outline text="IFTF's Future Now" title="IFTF's Future Now" type="rss"
xmlUrl="http://future.iftf.org/index.rdf"
htmlUrl="http://future.iftf.org/"/>
<outline text="MemeBox FutureScanner" title="MemeBox FutureScanner"
type="rss" xmlUrl="http://memebox.com/feeds/hottest"
htmlUrl="http://memebox.com/futurescanner"/>
<outline text="Sentient Developments" title="Sentient Developments"
type="rss" xmlUrl="http://sentientdevelopments.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default"
htmlUrl="http://sentientdevelopments.blogspot.com/"/>

BillK