[ExI] Genes and the Great Vowel Shift

Randall Randall randall at randallsquared.com
Sun Feb 24 20:08:29 UTC 2008

On Feb 24, 2008, at 12:50 PM, PJ Manney wrote:

> Likewise
> a New England Yankee sounds nothing like a person from the American
> Deep South.

As someone who lives in east-central Alabama, I'd like to point
out that it's really rare for someone of my generation (I'm 34)
or younger to have a really noticeable "Deep South" accent, even
here.  TV and increased mobility has nearly wiped it out.

--
Randall Randall <randall at randallsquared.com>
"If I can do it in Alabama, then I'm fairly certain you