[ExI] Basis of Belief

ablainey at aol.com ablainey at aol.com
Tue Feb 26 17:11:03 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrique Moraes Machado <cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com>

ABlainey at aol.com February 26, 2008 12:21 PM Basis of Belief

>>The point is that ridicule is a form of violence.  Not physical violence,
>>but it is an invitation to physical violence.

>We are chimps, not bonobos. On the contrary, there would be much more sex
>and much less violence. :-)

>Ridiculing is a powerfull weapon on argumentation. If you make your opponent
>look silly and foolish, then you're closer to winning. If you can make your
>opponent *feel* silly and foolish then you've definitely won.

Sorry, still having format problems.The above quote should have been from aiguy at comcast.net my response was the larger paragraph after that.
And I agree, ridicule is a powerful weapon in argumentation. It's not the prettiest, but it does a good job of killing many fallacious
arguments instantly. That is why I would happily use it in this case.

Alex