[ExI] Basis of Belief

ABlainey at aol.com ABlainey at aol.com
Wed Feb 27 01:12:13 UTC 2008

In a message dated 27/02/2008 00:02:51 GMT Standard Time, aiguy at comcast.net
writes:

> >> There's a saying I like very much to use (and which I don't know who's
> the
> author): If you don't want to be ridiculed then don't be ridiculous. >>
>
> That sounds like it's from the same guy who said, if you don't want raped
> then don't dress like a whore!
>
> Or the other classic if she didn't want to be hit she shouldn't have nagged
> me!
>
> In America that logic is known as blaming the victim and thankfully most
> people here don't buy those arguments anymore!

Unfortunately I feel the ever growing backlash against political correctness
is resulting in views such as these becoming more popular. It seems the push
to get back to the middle ground has gone a little too far over the line. In
the same way that feminism has done (i'm sure someone will make me regret saying
that! LOL).

Alex