[ExI] Problem with Pattents

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 09:24:35 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 11:23 AM,  ablainey wrote:
> A global registry is the most
> probable outcome of us following the current path.
>
> So do we embrace that idea now and start to build a new global system or do
> we more sensibly change the fundamental protection ideas?

An article just published shows how broken the US patent system is.
<http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/25467>

US patent backlog, employee attrition grow at alarming rates
Submitted by Layer 8 on Wed, 02/27/2008 - 4:34pm.

Even with its increased hiring estimates of 1,200 patent examiners
each year for the next 5 years, the US Patent and Trademark Office
patent application backlog is expected to increase to over 1.3 million
at the end of fiscal year 2011 the Government Accounting Office
reported today.

So it is becoming evident even to the Patent Office that the job, as
presently defined, is impossible.
That is one way of making a decision. Wait until the situation gets so
bad that a rethink is forced.

BillK