[ExI] The subjectivity of entropy, the role of the observer...==> Rational metaethics

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Thu Feb 28 15:18:54 UTC 2008

I've been generally impressed with Eliezer's posts at the Overcoming
Bias blog, especially as they indicate progress along the path toward
a rational accounting of inherently subjective agency within an
increasingly objective model of our world.

Best of all, Eliezer puts a lot of thought and time into his essays,
going well beyond my own five-paragraph rule.

This one I found particularly gratifying, expanding on the inherent
subjectivity of entropy and the ineluctable role of the observer in
any description of "reality."  Setting the stage for a rational
metaethics of increasingly rational choice.

<http://www.overcomingbias.com/2008/02/second-law.html>

- Jef