[ExI] Recent Slashdot comments

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:39:40 UTC 2008

There has been a recent outbreak of insightfulness on Slashdot, after
the pirate stories last month and now the recent internet prank
article, the one about an FBI agent wanting a "better, more secure
internet", and then the one about Gershenfeld and personal fabrication
(RepRap, MNT, 3D printers, bacterial nanotech), I remember this:

http://politics.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/02/25/147200

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=469244&cid=22583054
> The transition will be difficult. The digital immigrants with
> extensive investigative experience and the digital natives who are
> novices in their profession will have to cooperate and exchange their
> knowledge and wisdom, and in the meantime, some criminals will slip
> through the cracks. That's the price of progress.

Maybe there's a way that we can help ... ease the transistion?

- Bryan