[ExI] elections again

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Jan 1 01:46:43 UTC 2008

> The Kenyans are rioting over rigged elections.  Over 100 are dead.

I had another thought on this.  As technology advances, the destructive
effects of rigged elections increases.  With the internet and cel phones,
there is increased awareness of election corruption and increased potential
for highly organized and destructive flash mobs.

I shared my concerns with a colleague today, who opined "Our election
process is all fucked up."

While being succinct, direct and unambiguous, I myself do not approve of
such improper usage of the language.  I would have instead phrased it thus:
"Our election process is all upwardly fucked."