[ExI] LA Times: Rehabbing militants in Saudi Arabia (Meta)

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Tue Jan 1 21:01:48 UTC 2008

On Dec 30, 2007, at 8:22 AM, Keith Henson wrote:

> Pure political discussion is (or should be) below this list.  It's
> like arguing about the number of angles you can pack on a pin.

I disagree that politics is that pointless or divorced from reality
although perhaps I am not properly understanding what you mean by
"pure politics".

> Using current political examples to illustrate more general points
> about why humans have politics and what drives them is (or should be)
> a major focus.
>
> In this respect, the original topic of convincing violent Islamic
> militants to change their ways is smack on target.  I don't understand
> how easy it is, but it is of vast importance to understand.
> Understanding it will require EP.

Since the US (and Britain) did and do a lot of pretty nasty things in
Islamic lands I think it behooves rational people to also discuss
avoidance of such inciting behaviors.    Without that discussion the
above discussion is unbalanced and presumptive from the beginning.

- samantha

Vote Ron Paul for President in 2008 -- Save Our Constitution!
Go to RonPaul2008.com, and search "Ron Paul" on YouTube