[ExI] Survival (was: elections again)

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 15:51:56 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 02 January 2008, Vladimir Nesov wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2008 5:45 PM, Harvey Newstrom wrote:
> > How will it get a MNT factory built in a week?
> Usual example for this is bootstrapping from gene synthesis.

I doubt even a hacked cell would be able to exhibit the level of
molecular control that we're all hoping MNT will eventually bring. This
is because biomolecular manipulation is built from amino acids and
proteins, with a necessarily restricted possibility space known as
organic- and bio- chemistry. Hopefully MNT will be able to do more.

- Bryan