[ExI] Survival

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Fri Jan 4 22:49:42 UTC 2008

On 1/4/08, PJ Manney <pjmanney at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 4, 2008 2:10 PM, Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:

> > The "secret" of games like this is that the required output is only 1
> > bit of information, while the input consists of a much greater number
> > of bits of loosely correlated (but not independent) information,
> > matching against vastly more bits of "experience" within an observer
> > system that has practiced "getting out of the way" of the assessment.
>
> So after you consider both your own and his personal preferences,
> physical types, life experiences, your ability to estimate other's
> internal states and the creation of empathy, do you perceive a gestalt
> chocolateness/vanillaness or are you aware of adding up the multiple
> variables?

PJ, I'm already somewhat uncomfortable with how much I exposed earlier
about my personal cognitive "features" and the subsequent silence
(possibly corresponding to politely averting one's gaze) so I'll
follow up with you offline.

I do want to emphasize that it's not so extraordinary.  The output
from this massively parallel process is *only 1 bit.*

- Jef