[ExI] LA Times: Boy is empowered by his weakness

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 01:20:32 UTC 2008

On Monday 07 January 2008, PJ Manney wrote:
> After researching nonprofits on the Internet in June, he came up with
> the name and digitally designed a logo with his father's help. He
> then asked a family friend who works on copyrighting issues in the
> entertainment industry to help him trademark the logo.

Yeah ... I thought I sensed parent involvement. Should have known.

> In July, after using an Internet service to help him prepare the
> necessary documents, Michael applied for and received nonprofit
> status from the California secretary of state's office and a federal
> tax exemption identification number.

So, all that I can find on the internet that does that is:
http://www.bizfilings.com/

It looks like his parents gave him a bit of money to play with. Anyway,
for anybody interested, his Yahoo ID is mguggz (he is rather
unresponsive) and his blog is located at:

http://splatcharity.wordpress.com/

- Bryan