[ExI] Clark abstract

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Fri Jan 11 01:02:12 UTC 2008

Jef writes

>> Why ask for an EP explanation of a very recent *fashion*?
>> Throughout most of history there has been little or no
>> reluctance to discuss group differences.
>
> I think Keith was asking for an explanation of the EP genotype, you're
> response is in regard to the phenotype.  Category error.

First, as several of us contend, this is under the purview
of fashion, and so genes are only very indirectly involved.

The phenotype/genotype distinction does not apply.

There are no alleles for being either sensitive or insensitive
to political correctness issues, nor would one consider
a particular change in an organism's behavior due to memetic
infestation to be a characteristic of any phenotype.

Changes in fashion are memetic, that's all. It has nothing to
do directly with genetics one way or the other.

Lee