[ExI] A Simulation Argument

Ian Goddard iamgoddard at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 00:59:07 UTC 2008

scerir wrote:

>> In theory, a computer could create a simulated
>> world as real and complex as our world, and it
>> could in theory contain computer-generated
>> sentient operators who see that simulation as
>> their 'real world'.
>
> In theory, in theory, maybe [...]

 By physical necessity, everything you've ever
perceived is a simulation of your external world
produced by and in your brain from sensory data
received from your external world. Your brain is a
biological computer. Therefore, everything you've
perceived is a computer-generated simulation. And so
the intricate dynamic complexity of the perceived
universe is not evidence against the ability of a
computer to create such an environment. QED ~Ian

http://IanGoddard.net

"What is 'real'? How do you define 'real'? If you are
talking about what you feel, smell, taste, and see,
then 'real' is merely electrical signals interpreted
by your brain." - Morpheus