[ExI] Many Worlds (was: A Simulation Argument)

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Mon Jan 14 05:37:38 UTC 2008

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com>

>If an event can happen 4 ways in MW, but QT says 2, and we only ever
>observe 2, it's unlikely that MWI is the explanation.

Manny Worlds still operates according to the laws of physics. In one
universe the photon goes through the filter and in the other it does not,
but in the universe where it does and its entangled brother photon hits a
filter set at he same angle the universe does NOT split again because there
is only one outcome, it always gets through. Many Worlds does not say
anything will make a world split, only when the laws of physics
allows alternative outcomes. If this were not true anything could happen
and the world would be in chaos.

And nobody is claiming that Many Worlds can be used to derive all the
laws of physics, or any of them for that matter, its sole virtue is it
solves the philosophical problem of the observer.

 John K Clark