[ExI] FW: elections again (with new analysis)

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jan 18 03:56:06 UTC 2008

> The Avantguardian
> > I don't think this is a loony conspiracy theory, Spike. It is well
> > documented that the electronic voting system is easy to hack. Check
> > out this:  http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,133214,00.html
> Stuart LaForge

One of the ideas I thought of is so damn obvious it worries me that I hadn't
thought of it before.  I went over the many explanations offered as to why
the exit polls disagree with the machine count: that people talk left and
vote right in order to not appear racist.  They tell the exit pollster they
voted for Obama when they voted Clinton.

Easy solution to that: make the exit polls secret.

Have the voting machines spit out two receipts, one goes into the ballot
box, the other goes into the exit poll box.  If one does not trust the
bar-coded machines, one may write the name of the candidated on the ballot,
just in case there is any discrepancy in machine count and hand count.

I am greatly encouraged, for if *any* of the explanations for the NH anomaly
are true, then we will see the same effect again in the coming primaries.
It could be that people really do talk left and vote right.  That theory
will be proved or disproved on 5 February.