[ExI] You Know (was: You know what?)

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Wed Jan 23 06:31:01 UTC 2008

"Lee Corbin" <lcorbin at rawbw.com>

> Has anyone besides me noticed a big increase over the
> last several years > of the phrase "you know what?"

For years, you know, one of my pet peeves has been, you know, people
who say "you know" every 7 or 8 seconds. And this isn't, you know,
limited to the, you know, uneducated, I've heard, you know, journalists
and PhDs, you know, do it. I've fantasized about, you know, making a
computerized "you know" detector that would blast an air horn whenever
somebody, you know, said it. Maybe that would, you know, break them
of the, you know, habit.

 John K Clark