[ExI] DESIGN: First look at SpaceShipTwo and WhiteKnightTwo

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Thu Jan 24 17:53:04 UTC 2008

Today, SpaceShipTwo and WhiteKnightTwo were revealed.  Stunning. It
is great to see Burt Rutan enjoying his life so much these past
years.  I met him in the 1980s when I went to his home and he and his
family took me to see his Gossamer designs.

"The new designs of SpaceShipTwo rocket plane and WhiteKnightTwo
mothership were unveiled in New York today, and they include some
unexpected twists. In fact, you could be excused if you think you're
seeing double, or even triple."   (

Alan Boyle)

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/01/23/601315.aspx

http://www.popsci.com/category/tags/burt-rutan

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-01/24/content_7489798.htm

http://www.amnh.org/  (but for some reason it is not on the site)

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
PhD Candidate, Planetary Collegium - University of Plymouth - Faculty
of Technology
School of Computing, Communications and Electronics
Centre for Advanced Inquiry in the Interactive Arts

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the
circle, then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what
is inside the circle and everything outside the circle, then that is
an open system perspective. - Buckminster Fuller