[ExI] And Meta You Know.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Thu Jan 24 18:21:01 UTC 2008

Anne Corwin Wrote:

> Trying to communicate with someone with whom you
> don't have a proper > intellectual impedance match
> often results in poor signal transmission

That is true, however sometimes good signal transmission is not what is
desired; I can't think of any other reason people say things like "at this
point in time" when they could just say "now". I predict the next great
buzz phrase will be "at this instant in space".

And speaking on language that gets under you skin, I just got a robot
phone call (even though I'm on the no call list) from the head of the
Christian Coalition, he said I should vote for Mitt Romney because he
believes in the sanctity of life and the sanctity of marriage. I have
never herd the word "sanctity" used in support of anything I believe in;
I'm not saying it's imposable in principle to do so but I've never heard
of it happening.

  John K Clark