[ExI] Transhumanism and Politics

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jan 25 03:01:52 UTC 2008

BillK what is missing from this description is the range of treatment
available to the patient.  If one has little money, there are still
medications available, even if not the latest high tech greatest thing on
the market.  The over-the-counter pharmacy has treatment for a surprising
number of common ailments, and the pharmacist gives out advice free.

True if an uninsured is really sick and needs a lot of expensive help, then
financial disaster looms.

To go along with what you posted, there are a lot of people in the states
who work just to get health insurance, people who could otherwise live on
their accumulated wealth.  I am one of these.  So the current system keeps a
lot of productive people in the workplace who would otherwise retire.  If
the US government ever offers universal free health care, there will be a
wave of retirements that will crush the system.

Profits are our friends.