[ExI] wealth and health (was: Re: Transhumanism and Politics)

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Jan 25 05:49:50 UTC 2008

At 04:06 PM 1/25/2008 +1030, Emlyn wrote from the promised land:

>The lack of a free health care system in the US would scare the
>bejesus out of me, it's stopped me from seriously considering living
>there (although I do toy with the idea of Canada). Damien, doesn't it
>freak you out nowadays?

You betcha. I'm paying out about half my meager writer's income in
medical insurance and pharma--with such a large deductible that I
never reach it in a given year (but I'll be covered if my heart or
brain crack up; some would say both these sorry fates have already struck...).

But hey--give up the chance to live in Texas? <cough cough Crusty the Clown FX>

Damien Broderick