[ExI] Transhumanism and Politics

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sun Jan 27 20:28:52 UTC 2008

On Jan 27, 2008, at 2:39 AM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

> On 27/01/2008, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Governments don't have any money except what they print out of thin
>> air or take out of your pocket.   And they waste the majority of
>> that.   I wish I was truly on my own here without hands in my purse
>> or
>> the value of what is in my purse being decreased endlessly.   That
>> would be much better than what exists anywhere on earth.
>
> There are the countries which are considered tax havens, but often
> that is their only claim to fame. Why is that?

Because that is such a huge relief that they don't need anything else
to keep their citizen's in clover?   Some of the relative less taxed
locations become substantial business and research centers.    But I
was not even talking about tax havens so how does the above constitute
a reasonable response?

- samantha