[ExI] Joyce (was: John C. Wright Interview)

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Jan 27 21:44:46 UTC 2008

PJ Manney:

>...   {don't you wish there was an emoticon for hanging yourself with a
noose?})

Well there is, sorta.  With emoticons one must use one's imagination a bit:

------===O {8-[  <--- me standing below noose after reading Potter.

----= {X-P)   <--- me after having used the device.

Note tongue hanging out and rope under chin.

PJ, you are one of the more recent personalities on ExI-chat.  Nooses are a
matter of some sensitivity to those of us who were here in the 90s.  We lost
one of our early luminaries, Sasha Chislenko, to suicide on Monday 8 May
2000.  He was not signed up for cryonics.  He was a fine man, passionate,
smart as a whip, interesting, insightful, terrific chess player, full of
ideas and longing to help mankind, one in which we found no fault
whatsoever.  We miss him still, we miss him early and often.

Rest in peace Sasha, we will never forget you.  May we someday figure out
how to reassemble you through your writings and our collective fond memories
of you.