[ExI] John C. Wright Interview

ben benboc at lineone.net
Sun Jan 27 21:46:58 UTC 2008

Lee Corbin wrote:

 > Damien writes

 > > John Wright is a very smart guy, and a powerful writer in his own
 > > modes (his forthcoming sequel to van Vogt's NULL-A novels is
 > > astonishing),

 > I was surprised he was doing this.  It sounds as if you've had a look.

 > Van Vogt was my favorite SF author, though I didn't think much
 > of the Null-A stuff. Perhaps I should re-read them to get ready
 > for this new book.

 > Lee

I was lucky enough to have read Korzybski before reading the Null-A
books. Without that, i don't know if i'd have grokked them.

I'd recommend reading (or re-reading) 'Science and Sanity' first, then
the Van Vogt books, then see how the J C Wright stuff measures up.

It'd be interesting to see how somebody who claims to have converted
from atheism to xianity (a claim i have reason to doubt, but that's
another story) deals with fiction based on a system that encourages you
to not believe there's a chair until you're sitting on it - and maybe
not even then.

ben zaiboc