[ExI] New animation - is it familiar to you?

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Tue Jul 1 02:53:49 UTC 2008

Oh Gina.... That is so lovely. How did you _know_ that Starry Night is
my favorite Van Gogh painting! And painted to one of my favorite
symphonic pieces too... :-)

When your health gets better, I will _show you_ the exact place in
Provence where Van Gogh painted "Starry Night over St. Remy". There is a
marker at that place and you can imagine yourself there, transported
back in time to when he painted it.

"Everything is extraordinarily beautiful here! Everything and
everywhere the color of the sky is an admirable blue, the sun shines
like pale sulfur, it is sweet and charming like the combinations of
blues and yellows in the skies of the Vermeer of Delft."
"The subject of painting night scenes or night effects and night
itself interests me tremendously. Night is more alive and more
colorful than day."
(Vincent Van Gogh writing to his brother Theo in 1888 and 1889)

"Don't forget that little emotions are the great captains of our
lives." (Vincent Van Gogh, Arles, 1888).

Thank you again, Gina.

Take care,
Amara
--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado