[ExI] Transgender man gives birth to a baby girl

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Fri Jul 4 15:53:46 UTC 2008

Bryan asked:

>> I wonder how many times this would have to be done. Suppose that we do it
in parallel and 100 couples over the age of 70 go out for fertility
treatments, and then we do this for, say, three or four generations ?
It'll take 280 years (obviously), but how much of a starting population
would you need to start seeing interesting phenomena? >>

My Response:

It's already happening on a much larger scale with Asian-Americans
immigrants that having ultrasound to determine the fetus birth and aborting
if it's a female.

>From NPR:

"An analysis of the 2000 census suggests that some Asian-American parents of
girls may be using advances in prenatal technology to ensure they get a boy
the next time around."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89284549