[ExI] Transgender man gives birth to a baby girl

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Sat Jul 5 00:15:17 UTC 2008

>>  I will repeat (said here before several times) the biological
>>  principle of a woman being unable to conceive using her own eggs
>>  starting sometime in her 40s. This is a fact of female human biology,
>>  Bryan.

>It was my understanding that we have cryo technologies for freezing.

I should have qualified what I wrote.

TODAY, and for the last ~5 years, we have had workable technologies for
freezing oocytes. This is still a new technology, took decades to work
out the cracking problems, and is not available everywhere.

I've posted this before, but here it is again:
http://www.ifeminists.com/introduction/editorials/2002/1022c.html

TODAY, For a woman in her teens, 20s, 30s, that's one good insurance for
have a child with her own genetic material, while she is in 40s
and later. My challenge to you, is to convince a young woman to do it.

TODAY, For a woman in her 40s, such a technology is useless to help her
have children later. The age-related affects in her oocytes are still
there.

TODAY For a woman in her 50s, 60s, 70s, there are likely no oocytes of
her own that can be harvested.

Please tell me how a 70 year old woman could have had twins TODAY
without an oocyte donor. If she didn't have a donor, then that factoid
should be on the front page headline news.

Amara