[ExI] LA Times: The best of humans at their worst in movies

Joseph Bloch seculartranshumanist at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 00:20:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 5:47 PM, PJ Manney <pjmanney at gmail.com> wrote:

> It may not seem very H+ or extropic, but dystopic movies are among my
> favorites: I agree with the writer that "Dr. Strangelove" is one of
> the best ("Strangelove" is one of my favorite movies, period), but
> disagree with his diss of "Children of Men".
>
> PJ
>

> http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/movies/la-et-bleakearth4-2008jul04,0,2725149.story

<snipped>

On a related note, did you hear that they have apparently unearthed an
unabridged print of Fritz Lang's "Metropolis"? Apparently it was discovered
in a museum in South America:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jwlj6ffCLxJD-PZL8yOBmOR36OPwD91NAR4GA

Regarding the article you posted, I find the author's choice of dystopian
movies to be somewhat skewed; 2001: A Space Odyssey is dystopian? No
THX-1138? No Zardoz? No Blade Runner? Odd indeed.

Joseph