[ExI] Is this Extropic?

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Sat Jul 5 15:09:20 UTC 2008

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9CE55wbtY

Anna, If you give the subject of the link, it is easier to answer
your question.

[ Do schools today kill creativity? (Ken Robinson, TEDTalks) ]

The answer is definitely yes. And after watching 10 seconds, I wanted to
hear the rest of his 20 minute talk.

Ken Robinson is a great speaker; very funny and with a big and important
message for all of us. How can we possibly prepare for the future and
how can we possibly prepare our kids for that future?

Thanks for the pointer.. believe me that I'm doing everything I can to
make sure that I provide the kind of environment to support and stimulate
creativity in my own child (yet unborn!)

ciao,
Amara

btw, has anyone noticed that Kevin Kelly is making extensive use of
the word: "extropic" these days?

"Where the linear crosses the exponential"
http://www.kk.org/thetechnium/archives/2008/07/where_the_linea.php

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado