[ExI] The Flight of the Lawn Chair Man, Part II

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Sun Jul 6 17:35:25 UTC 2008

Bryan said:

>> They should offer free navigational collission-detection systems, not
rule with an iron fist.

Come on, there's no such thing as free.   And I suppose you think we should
all equip our cars with skateboard and bicycle detectors so that children
can play in the streets and now have to observe any of the same traffic laws
that automobiles do?

We live in a society where safety is based upon people following certain
laws for the sake of safety.

When you violate those rules you risk the life of not just yourself but
others.

In many states you are required to pass a safe vehicle inspection.  You are
required to have working brakes on your vehicle.  The government does not
buy you brakes.  If you want to drive you must follow the commonsense laws
that are created for the sake of safety.

Safety laws for the most part are created to save lives.  Which the last
time I checked was an Extropian thing to do.