[ExI] The Dogs of Immortality

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Thu Jul 10 05:58:24 UTC 2008

From: "The Avantguardian" <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com>
To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 9:59 PM

> --- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
>> But of course the IRS can go overboard, and recently (I understand)
>> has been especially, uh, diligent.

> I'll say. One rich black celebrity kills two people leaving DNA evidence
everywhere and is aquitted.

Well, now that you mention it, for the record ... the OJ Simpson verdict was
decided correctly.  This is not a reflection of Simpson's guilt of
innocence, but of the botching by the prosecuting attorneys. I believe 100%
that Simpson was guilty, but I also think the verdict was decided correctly.

There was not much question that O.J. was guilty (and he was found culpable
in the second trial). But the way things were bungled legally made the
verdict necessary. The verdict was a slap on the wrist to Marcia & Co. -
because they brought in a major witness ... who lied. Letting this kind of
serious stuff off would be setting bad precedent.

Here's what Stanley Crouch wrote in a Salon interview a while back:

Q: You've been criticized for defending the verdict in the O.J. Simpson
trial. What's your defense?

SC: Everybody thinks it was some kind of expression of racial solidarity.
But consider this: Let's just imagine that Woody Allen had been accused of
murdering Mia Farrow, and a major piece of evidence had been found by a
black detective. And let's say this black detective goes on the witness
stand and he's asked if he ever referred to Jews as "kikes." He says no,
never. Then a tape is discovered in which we find out the detective is a
member of some racist black group that considers Jews not just kikes but
monsters. The case would have been lost. The fact that jurors almost always
acquit when the prosecution's star witness is found to be lying on the
witness stand was not made clear to Americans by the media.