[ExI] The Dogs of Immortality

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at insightbb.com
Sat Jul 12 03:28:42 UTC 2008

> The charitable deduction constitutes a subsidy
> from the federal government. The government, in
> effect, makes itself a partner in every
> charitable bequest. In Mrs. Helmsley’s case,
> given that her fortune warranted an estate tax
> rate of 45 percent, her $8 billion donation for
> dogs is really a gift of $4.4 billion from her
> and $3.6 billion from you and me.

I guess they are using that "Million Man Math Made Easy" By Louis Farrakhan.

This estate  tax is a shame. These "estates" are just the money left over AFTER all the income taxes were paid. It's absurd. A person who earns $1 mil pays $350k in Federal income taxes, another $100k in state and local, SSI and others add to this. Then after they live off of it, anything else they manage to save for their family gets hit for another 45% when they die. Estate taxes need to be repealed entirely.