[ExI] Probability is "subjectively objective".

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Jul 15 05:23:56 UTC 2008

At 09:32 PM 7/14/2008 -0700, Lee wrote:

>it can be argued that [in Many Worlds accounts]
>there are only two universes (not four) that result because in
>either of the two other (absent) universes, youse guys would
>find that the law of angular momentum had been violated. And
>we can't have that.

Why can't we have that? We might not ever *observe* that, and this
regularity becomes codified as a "law" but it's not (on the face of
it) a *performative*, it has no *force*, it's just an observation
that calls for a deeper causal explanation. I know it probably
follows from symmetry constraints, but in a universe with speed of
light restrictions this still leaves a gaping explanatory hole.

Damien Broderick